Practices for Positive Change
Connect with Your God
Do you at times, feel fearful, depressed, angry, insecure or immobilized with life work challenges? Firstly, realize you are not alone. This bubbling brew of emotions is called being human. Ever-growing numbers of people are being forced into career change, long for a career change or are facing a myriad of life challenges - all exacerbated by our fast-paced world.
However, our journey is about more than work transitions or what our surface problems appear to be. We are being called upon to find "The Way" to navigate through life's ever-shifting experiences with more peace, compassion and acceptance. The best career decisions or goals achieved cannot buy us happiness. Simple practice, like returning to the calm place within ourselves, helps us find more peace in life - despite the ever-changing fortunes of time. Herein, we grow our beings and our connection to our God.
Learn to be O.K. with Your Life Now
The place to begin is right where we are. Rather than trying to avoid, or be rid of difficult, painful feelings, we begin working with what is - in this very moment. We begin by letting wherever we feel be O.K; and hence, begin cultivating acceptance and compassion for our precious selves. We begin with small, gentle goals we can meet, that work on all aspects of our life.
Below are some simple practices you can weave into your daily life - however busy - offering lasting positive change. Commit to this practice for at least three months and notice the subtle changes that occur as you return, again and again, to yourself and to your God.
These are so important for our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, as well as key to positive change. Begin with what you can, but begin? Print?. Ponder?. Practice?.
Five Practices for Positive Change
1. Practice Transformative Ten Breath Countdowns. As frequently as you can, practice breathing in and out, counting down from ten - on each successive out breath - to one. By practicing this countdown throughout each day it becomes a powerful tool for re-grounding ourselves when strong emotions arise, helping us to prevent over-reacting to circumstances.
2. Meditate Twice Daily. Do not get hung up on this word or be discouraged by the grocery list, new shoes for the kids, your work/marriage problems, or whatever incessantly pops up as you begin sitting with yourself. It is O.K.. Simply, gently, acknowledge your feelings and let the thoughts go. We are simply sitting with ourselves - just as we are. Focus lightly on your breath coming in and going out. "Letting go now. Relaxing now. Trusting now." Also, try laying flat on your back on the floor, quietly letting thoughts go, coming back to your breathing for at least five or ten, or more minutes twice a day. We are aligning our body, mind and spirit.
3. Observe Your Thoughts. Sitting with ourselves quietly helps us become aware of what is going on in our mind. Practice this awareness as much as you can throughout the day. When feeling distressed, depressed, upset? take note of your thoughts. A mind where thoughts are allowed to run wild is likely not a safe place to be alone in! Most of us have a pit full of negativity and criticism that can make a hell of heaven if we allow these thoughts to run unobserved. We need to feel our feelings but let the story-line we tell ourselves go. Simply come back to your breathing, to your ten breath countdown, to your God. Be gentle and accepting of yourself, your situation and feelings - no matter what!!
4. Exercise Regularly. This means at least a good twenty minute walk, three times a week. You can build up the pace, length and number of times per week as you continue. This is not a fitness march. By walking mindfully - stopping and smelling the roses - we exercise our body, mind and soul.
5. Practice Being O.K. with Uncertainty and Not Knowing. Ponder the words of poet, Rainer Maria Rilke: "I beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without ever noticing it, live your way into the answer."
Teresa Proudlove is the publisher/editor of http://www.yourlifework.com; support and inspiration for your work and life. Teresa has been inspiring, supporting, and mentoring over 3000 people upon their lifework path for fourteen years through leading workshops and authoring many internationally published articles.
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Living by Faith
Five verses specify that we are to live by faith. How do you do that? It is like entering a black hole.
Integrity and Spirituality
The concept of integrity has arisen often in discussions of spirituality. What do we mean however when we invoke this concept in this context? What is the role of integrity in spirituality? How will we know it when we encounter it? More importantly what will be the consequence to us if we choose to remain ignorant of its crucial importance as a foundation stone to our spiritual enlightenment? Here I intend to address these questions and to give a fresh perspective on how to achieve what I will define as Spiritual Integrity.
Self-Realization How It Can be Achieved Within Ones Life Time
Before we dwell on the subject of Self Realization we need to understand the real meaning of gaining self realization.Nowadays so many self realization centres all over the world like self realization fellowship in Seattle, self-realization Boston, Atlanta self-realization and Mt.
True Justice and Freedom
The world's idea of justice and freedom fall short of their purpose. Prison bars keep the guilty from repeating their crime while behind them.
Mankinds Ten Worst Enemies: #1 Pride
We have a proclivity to think of individuals and nations as our adversaries when they present a threat to our personal or national well being. But, I submit, that our greatest adversary is Satan and he makes his assaults from within not without.
The Gods Of Our Planet Earth
Remember me! It's me! Joseph here in touch with you again! Okay, so you don't remember! That's fine then, so let me refresh your mind a bit. When we were in spirit, we had the same discussion you know and I told you, "Hopefully you will remember me when I approach you on this plane.
Be Still - You've Got To Be Kidding?
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
The Power of Angels -- An Interview With Rose Ann Schwab, Part Two
Rose Ann Schwab is an internationally and world renowned professional clairvoyant psychic medium. Her gifts are finely tuned and have high credibility with 95% accuracy.
The Power of Ritual
As humans, we are the species that operate with symbols. Other animals use familiar signs, landmarks and gestures given by us, or act purely on instinct.
Living Your Noble Purpose
"A common jar of clay can never become a noble masterpiece, unless it is broken by its master, refined in fire, and renewed." - Sharif KhanThere is a passage in scriptures that I have always found troubling.
A feeling of fulfillment is something we all seek. Here I would like to address this in a way that many of you already know at some level but which I feel is necessary to highlight.
Spirituality: Confusing or What?
For some of us, spirituality is considered a religion, and for some it is not. For some spiritualists, we still see them dealing with their spiritual belief and see them stuck between two worlds.
Universal Thought System
What we think is what we are. Our lives are determined by our thoughts.
Not Upon My Convictions but Upon the Blood of Jesus
"He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Just Learning To Cope
I have been thinking about this all night. I am realizing that there are more and more people dealing with anxiety.
From Spiritual Cry Baby to Bold Seeker of Truth
Ever notice how people dread discussing the truth about life? Their fear usually comes out as, "I never talk about that" or "Some things we're not supposed to know." They quickly cut off any probing of who they are and why they're here.
Esoteric & Occult Secrets
To understand the nature of esoteric and occult secrets it is worthwhile looking at origin of the words esoteric and occult. Esoteric derives from the Greek word esoterikos, from the root word eso, 'within' .
Trust Jesus (and Stress and Fear will Disappear)
Everything was going wrong.The weight of the world had decided to settle on my shoulders.
A Walk With A King
I seemed to have lost my heart. Now this is not just another love story gone awry.
The Reality of Fairies
No, I have never seen a fairy, an angel, nor any other type of a spirit guide. But I swear there are times I think that if I spun around fast enough they'd be sitting there snickering at me.
|home | site map|