10 Interesting Facts about Archangel Raphael
1. Raphael means "God heals." Raphael heals physical, emotional and spiritual problems, and is sometimes known as the "divine physician." Raphael is believed to have healed Abraham after his circumcision. Raphael also healed Jacob when he dislocated his hip after wrestling with an angel.
2. Raphael is usually pictured holding a fish. This is the fish that Tobias caught while travelling to Media with Raphael. Raphael told him to cut out the fish's heart, liver and gall. Tobias, who did not know his travelling companion was Raphael, queried this strange request. The man told him that smoke made from the heart and liver would exorcise evil spirits, and the gall would restore the sight of someone with white film in his eyes. The trip was a success. Tobias was paid the money he was owed; he found a bride, and Raphael taught him how to use the smoke from the heart and liver to exorcise the demon inside his bride. On returning home, Raphael showed him how to use the gall to restore his father's eyesight. Only then did Raphael identify himself.
3. As a result of his journey with Tobias, Raphael became known as the protector of travellers. He has an excellent sense of humour, and is a good travelling companion. This is why he is often depicted as a pilgrim, wearing a hat, and carrying a walking stick and a gourd containing either water or medicine.
4. Raphael is both a teacher and a healer. He taught Tobias how to heal his father. He teaches us how to heal ourselves from the self-inflicted wounds we create through our actions. He also heals the wounds of all mankind and has been called the Guardian Angel of Humanity.
5. According to Jewish legend, Raphael helped Noah gain the knowledge he needed to build his ark. After the flood subsided, he gave Noah a medical book.
6. Raphael helped King Solomon build his great temple. God gave Raphael a special ring to give to Raphael. This ring enabled Solomon to command thousands of demons to help finish the temple. This magic ring contained a pentagram, or five-sided star, on the seal. As a result of this, the pentagram became one of the first medical symbols.
7. It is likely that Raphael was the angel who entered the pool at Bethesda. The first person to enter the water at this famous healing center after the angel had disturbed it was instantly cured of whatever disease he had (John 5:2-4).
8. Raphael features in John Milton's epic poem, Paradise Lost. During the course of a conversation, Adam asked Raphael if angels have sex. Raphael blushed as he explained that angels enjoy spiritual sex.
9. Raphael (1483-1520), the famous Italian artist, was named after the archangel, and painted him twice. In one of these, Raphael presents the infant Tobias to the Virgin Mary, who has the infant Jesus in her arms. Tobias is holding a small fish.
10. In 1918, an English nurse named Joy Snell wrote a book called The Ministry of Angels. In it she described how she regularly saw Raphael at the heads of seriously ill patients. Whenever she saw him, she knew the patient would recover.
Richard Webster is author of more than eighty books including Raphael, Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians, Michael, Gabriel and Miracles. His website is http://www.psychic.co.nz
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
E.V.P. (A Beginners Guide to Electronic Voice Phenomena)
WHAT IS E.V.
Are You Facing Some Challenges?
Are you facing some challenges in your life right now? If so, rejoice! "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Do You Have Hot Buttons?
You may ask, "What are hot buttons anyway?"Hot buttons are those that, when people push, you turn red and out comes the anger, resentment, insecurity, and other negative emotions you wish weren't a part of your life.Remember the last time your boss made a comment about the project you completed? For some reason, his assessment just sent you through the roof.
Getting Back to the Basics of Truth
Anyone who has invested time, energy and effort into finding their own truth knows that ignorance is NOT bliss. Understanding the religious environment that we grew up in should be the natural first step towards defining our own belief system.
Why Angels, Why Now?
The Angelic realms have been very active throughout the human experience. They-as brilliant aspects of your Source-have been offered as protectors and teachers for every one of you.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-Excerpt From The Relationship Handbook: How to Understand and Improve Every Relationship in Your Life by Kevin B. Burk=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-I'd like to invite you to consider a powerful concept.
What is it with angels and digital clocks? I fell asleep just after 11pm and am still trying to recover from the switch to daylight savings time. I really don't need to be up and working right now, or do I? I had asked my angels earlier today to help me write some more articles.
Ancient Wisdom: Can it Still be Applied Today?
*Advice on living a humane and compassionate life.According to text in the Bible, King Solomon had spoken with God and asked for divine wisdom.
Looking for God - Heres My Story On Finding the Lord
Hopefully you're reading this article because you're intrigued by the page title: "Looking for God?" This article is dedicated to the Big Guy who makes it possible for all of us to be who we are. God loves each one of us, big, small, short, tall, wherever we are.
10 Interesting Facts about Archangel Michael
1. The name Michael means, "Who is like God".
Can You Live The Christ Life?
Were you lied to as newborn Christian? I was..
Recovering In The Water
It was in the middle of the night and the boat was being tossed in the wind. The crew was stressed?Between shoves from the wind, they were shocked to see someone actually walking on the water through the wind, rain, and waves.
Going Where Youve Never Gone Before
One of the first issues people on the spiritual path have to address is a doctrinal one: Is it wrong to ask questions that I've never asked before? Is asking questions about the truth we've been taught "sinful?" Your answer can have a dramatic effect on your ability to explore who you are and what you believe in without guilt!If anyone has ever told you that the path to spiritual self-awareness (defined in it's simplest terms as "knowing who you are and what you believe in, and letting those beliefs be the driving force in your life") is an easy one, they were being less than honest!Finding your own truth in these times of confusion and change is no small undertaking, and it isn't surprising that many people begin the journey full of hope and enthusiasm, but - as each step becomes even more difficult because it requires even more honestly with yourself and with others - they begin to lose courage. They find a comfortable plateau - a point in their lives where things are better than they used to be - and they decide that staying where they are might not be such a bad option.
Perception of Freedom
Sometimes we're already free but we don't realize it. We don't believe it or act like it?There's a story about an eagle that got trapped in a chicken cage as an egg.
Are You Following Your Knows Or Your I Dont Knows?
We have all heard the phrase, "follow your nose". This means to keep your direction straight and you will find the way you are going.
I heard recently on a Christian radio station somebody talking about turning a vacation into a pilgrimage or a sabbath time, an opportunity to get closer to God. The speaker said that there is no word in ancient languages equivalent to the word "vacation".
How To Solve Any Problem
Contrary to popular beliefs, we are not our mind, our body, and our egos.Also, we are not the circumstances of our lives, nor a creation of the world of matter.
Remote Viewing - Making Light of the Dark
Even Pandora and her box come in two versions. In one, the hideous woes of the world are let loose while locking hope inside.
We Are Not Our Personalities
As a Psychiatrist I spent most of my life training and researching effective therapies that would help my clients make changes in their personalities. The premise was that by making such a change the client would feel capable of doing or feeling things that they could not access before.
Listen to the sound of silence. Enjoy the peace and quiet.
|home | site map|