Is Your Soul Breathing?
God made humans in his image but these days very few of them lead a God fearing life. Environment is the main cause of changes in a human being. People you meet on a day today basis and the surroundings you are in contribute in the making of your mental structure. The general apathy, unreliability, attitude and behavior of each and every human being affects the nation. Every human should strive for self-improvement. This is an exercise of the mind.
These are a few steps, which I believe can help us improve our mental, emotional as well as physical capability.
1. Self Worth - The first and foremost step towards self improvement is self worth. A person who cannot appreciate his or her self can never be expected to lead a purposeful life. God has sent us to this world as his emissary and thus one has to believe that he or she is the best. So love yourself, appreciate yourself first and then you will see it in others too.
2. Be God fearing-The second step to follow is to lead a God fearing life as much as possible. Believe and follow the adage that if you do good to others it will be returned to you and vice versa. As much as possible keep away from lies, cheating and any other negative act. Try to remember the Ten Commandments once in a while. It is for your own good.
3. Never Condemn Yourself-There will be times when you will commit a wrong doing or make mistakes. Well, don't hang yourself for it. Face your negative act bravely and vow to try and not repeat it.
4. No Regrets-Half the time in our lives we keep relieving the past and trying to think what went wrong at that point. Well, the past is gone, the future is unknown but the present is here with you. So please don't dwell on past mistakes but learn from them and enjoy the present because its really a gift from God. Concentrating on regrets spoils your present as well as your future.
5. Be Positive and Optimistic-I know it is very difficult to be optimistic when things are going wrong in your life but give it a try anyway. You just might be able to pull your mind away from negative thoughts. Be alert and vigil and guard your negative thoughts constantly. Let your mind graze the green grass but keep them away from thorny bushes. Many a time when circumstances are absolutely going haywire and you are lost in the meanderings of a confused and dejected mind, one positive thought and the right attitude is enough to banish all pessimism and negativity and thus any or every problem.
6. Control Your Anger-Anger is the worst of your enemies. It spoils both your physical as well as mental well being. So hey, what's the problem, you just have to keep it under lock and key. As soon as that bitter feeling of resentment starts gnawing at your heart and mind, don't try to control it because it is too strong for you to handle. My suggestion is to start praying to God for help and believe me you will get it because nothing is stronger than God.
7. Mind Power- Increase your mind power by spiritual devices. You can try meditation, reiki, yoga or simply praying to God. Remember prayer needs no speech. Connect yourself to God and have a chat with him. Believe me, he is wise, he will show the path. You can call him on his cell anytime, it is never switched off. In times of stress find a quiet place sit and talk to God. This really helps.
8. Be a light to yourself, take refuge in yourself-Lastly, when faced with a problem, trust your instinct. It is the best bet. Do what your heart tells you. Become your own beacon instead of asking others for a helping torch. When upset, take refuge in your inner self. If needed, cry inside even outside if it makes you feel better. Remember, no one can help you more than your own self and surely you are clever enough to know that God is forever dependable. He is more a friend to you than you are to yourself. So nothing can go wrong when you have such a wonderful friend, supporter and guide.
About The Author
Homemaker, Poet & Creative Writer
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Communion - The Key to Experiencing the Abundant Life of God
Now, we all know that we shouldn't be lead by our emotions, right?But in saying that lies a paradox, even though we are not mean't to be lead by our emotions, in the end, we always will be.The reason is that whenever there is a struggle between will power and emotion, our emotions will win hands down every single time.
5 Ways To Learn More About The Orisha
The Orisha are the Messengers of Oludumare, the God/dess of the Yoruba Traditional Spiritual Tradition known as Ifa. The Yoruba Spiritual Tradition is centered in West Africa in what is now called Nigeria.
Law Vs. Grace
At first glance it does seem that law and grace are opposed. Even the Bible seems to be divided into two sections the Old Testament (law) and New Testament (grace).
The Storms of Life
Life is full of ups and downs, trials, and tribulations. They are called the storms of life.
How Old Are You?
Some of us might hear from time to time that we are "Old Souls". I remember when I was told this for the first time.
Do you go to God seeking His will for your life or do you simply want something from Him? This is a critical question because your prayers to God are not for changing Him or to beg Him to do what you want Him to do. Rather, it is to be changed by God and to be empowered to do His divine will.
Stepping Into the Darkness
One of the "loopholes" in my philosophical belief system when I was younger (and at this point in my life, that means "almost middle-aged"! ) was whether or not there was an evil force in the universe equal to God who served as man's adversary. He was the original "bad guy," and the human race seemed to be caught between these two invisible forces - one of good and one of evil.
Perception of Freedom
Sometimes we're already free but we don't realize it. We don't believe it or act like it?There's a story about an eagle that got trapped in a chicken cage as an egg.
Making the Impossible Possible
"I learned I was not, as most Africans believed, the victim of my circumstances but the master of them." - Legson KayiraOne of the things my Christian faith has taught me is that with God nothing is impossible.
Anam Cara - The Blessing
In Corrogue it is frosty.The ramp into our "acre of diamonds" is now firm underfoot where before it was a sea of mud.
A Man Called Jesus
(Channelled)I have been trying to ignore this title "A Man Called Jesus," all morning.I cannot get it out of my head and I don't particularly want to write about it, but I cannot shake it off.
40 Days and 40 Nights
I am beginning a journey starting tomorrow. I have decided that doing some serious soul searching is in order for me.
The Power of Angels - An Interview With Rose Ann Schwab - Part 1
Rose Ann Schwab is an internationally and world renowned professional clairvoyant psychic medium. Her gifts are finely tuned and have high credibility with 95% accuracy.
God's Message to You
As I sat down today to write this article, I went through my usual routine of sitting still and listening to that voice that comes from inside of me. I do this all the time when I sit down to write an article, or before I give a speech, or before I answer an email or before I coach someone, or before I do anything basically.
What is the Evil Eye?
The Evil Eye has been around since the beginning of time. It simply means sending someone a thought that seems intrusive or invasive or has the power to hurt him or her.
Resisting Temptation - The JESUS Way
One thing that Jesus was NOT - was flashy. When He cured someone, it was with a touch.
Trust in God
Ecclesiasts 5:18 Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him-for this is his lot. 19 Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work-this is a gift of God.
Whats Up With the Bad Reading?
A lot of times when I am reading people on the site I notice people talking about having a "bad reading." By that they usually mean that the psychic pulled a so-called "bad" cards, such as the Devil, The Tower of the Ten of Swords, in answer to their question.
Let Your Will, Not Mine, Be Done
Can I be honest with you? There are days when I just don't feel like getting up in the morning. I'm noticing this a lot lately because the weather is changing and it's pretty cold early in the morning when I awake to start my day.
Actualizing Personal Truth
Self-actualization comes down to three basic premises: this is who I am, this is what I believe and the foundation on which my life is built, and this is the way I manifest that belief system on a daily basis.If you say that you live by the Golden Rule, but treat other people with a lack of respect, then you are dishonest, and others will perceive you as hypocritical.
|home | site map|