7 Ways to Stay Spiritually Balanced
When we find spirituality, or it finds us, the experience feels surreal. We begin to feel like we're walking on a tightrope between two different worlds. We become ungrounded and loose touch with the physical side of life. When our spiritual mission becomes clear, it is even truer. Learning to breathe and to walk between these two experiences until they merge can be a tough balancing act. It's easy to choose and get lost in the new experience because it feels so good and so right. Regular aspects in the physical world seem less important and get set aside, many times incomplete.
This tightrope doesn't have the same thinness as the rope we think of in the circus. A spiritual path is actually on the ground and wider even though it feels like walking on air at times. If you step to one side, you engulf yourself totally in the awe of spirituality. The other, the physical world. And because of its alluring influence, it is easy to understand why we prefer to be there.
There are ways to merge the two experiences. Here are seven techniques to help balance the tightrope:
1. Maintain or start new physical activities. Go running, play tennis, take a walk, or workout. Allow love to pour into the tennis racket. This is a neat experience if you haven't tried it before. Allow the physical activity to merge with a spiritual part. Walk with a loving heart, say your favorite poem or prayer, and feel it in each step. Do the same when making beds, running errands, standing at the copy machine, taking the kids to soccer, or washing the car. This chases the doubt away and invites high attraction vibrations in.
2. Caring for others. Take care of your family, yourself, pets, and others in your life. Allow them the amount of space they need to learn, falter (yes, I said falter), and grow. Place yourself on that list, so, set time, and space aside for you as well.
3. Keep financially stable. It is easy to say, "Do what we love and the money will follow." Lean too much on the spiritual side and you stop taking action and the money dries up. This is like wishing to win the lottery without buying a ticket. One difference with balance the two -- the right people show up at the right time. People sometimes think that when you find spirituality, the money just finds you. This can't be furthest from the truth. It means that you will find it easier to attract what you need if you continue to take action. If this is a learning and growth period, it takes massive action -- action for learning and action for the regular action. As hard as this one is to balance and maintain, nevertheless it is feasible, millions of people do so daily.
4. Spend more time planning and setting goals. Manifesting what we want still requires action and planning. Spirituality can nestle us so warmly and lovingly it's easy to set the needed action aside. The level of balance is in the amount of flexibility you allow in the action plan. Complete each action with total openness of all that is possible for what follows. Ask and allow the universe to send easier, faster steps. And be open to see then when they arrive. Ask, trust, and allow the universe's infinite wisdom to send you the answers. They are usually better than anything we usually arrive at ourselves. The tightrope is to balance trust with flexibility and space for expanded freedom and results.
5. Keep on giving. Spirituality is a gift that needs to flow. It can only continue to do so if people give. There are many ways to give and the method you choose will be the right one.
6. Allow room for real people and relationships. Other people ground us and connect us to the physical world. Yet, they must still allow us to evolve. People are another form of giving and receiving -- two necessary parts for good ground maintenance.
7. Receiving remuneration is a gift. Accept it as if it came from the universe asking you to continue the flow. When we receive, water continues to flow into our cup and allows our mission to continue its evolution. Asking for compensation allows both parties to continue the flow. When we shift our perspective and see the need for flow, additional funds to appear.
Enjoy spirituality in balance with both feet on the ground!
Catherine Franz is a Marketing & Writing Coach, niches, product development, Internet marketing, nonfiction writing and training. Additional Articles: http://www.abundancecenter.com blog: http://abundance.blogs.com
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Anamchara - The Value of Ritual
Let me explain my approach to the practice of ritual. For me ritual is an act of presence.
Look! Its Another New Age!
There's nothing new about "the new age" except the attitude of the souls participating in it. I bet every soul who chose to incarnate into this particular historical era shook their little energy heads and said, "Oh, no! Not again!"Spiritual enlightenment is the very purpose of life as thinking, feeling human beings here on the planet Earth.
Actualizing Personal Truth
Self-actualization comes down to three basic premises: this is who I am, this is what I believe and the foundation on which my life is built, and this is the way I manifest that belief system on a daily basis.If you say that you live by the Golden Rule, but treat other people with a lack of respect, then you are dishonest, and others will perceive you as hypocritical.
Footprints and Monuments - Slow Down
Every month I usually sit down and write an article around the topics of leadership, teamwork, vision, or self-improvement. However, this month I am only passing on something that came across my desk a few days ago.
Quick Reference Guide for Tarot Card Meanings
Obviously, if you really want to learn about the meanings of the tarot cards and use them well, you'll spend time studying them and understanding the nuances of each card's interpretation. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a cool party game and want to impress your friends, this "cheat sheet" should provide you enough of a clue about each card's meaning that you can fake your way through a reading.
Sinners by Choice
God said, "Thou shalt not?" and we continue to tell God, "we will." We continue to prefer the terminal disease of sin over the eternal love and glory of God who wants fellowship with us.
Developing Your Intuition: Conscious Construction Using Cosmic 2 x 4's
What's a cosmic 2 x 4 you ask? It's actually a phrase that's been used in the 'new age/ metaphysical' world for the past 15 years or more. It refers to the lessons we learned the hard way when we didn't listen to our intuition.
Angels Amoung US - We Reap What We Sow!
John Eldredge writes in his book Waking the Dead, "God what do you have for my heart today?" He continues by saying, "you may be stunned by what he guides you into.I began the day at six in the morning asking God, "What do you have for my heart today Lord.
Be Still - You've Got To Be Kidding?
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
Anam Cara - Making Sense of Life
We make sense of our world via the senses. The senses are gateways.
The possibility of almost 400 Old Testament prophesies coming to fulfillment in the incarnation of Jesus Christ, apart from God's sovereign control of history, staggers the imagination. The certainty that God planned the coming of His son into the world can offer stabilizing support to our faith in our Lord.
Releasing the Yoke
When the Bible makes reference to a "yoke" it is referring to a heavy piece of wood shaped to fit around the neck and fasten to a pole. It was primarily used to tie oxen together (usually two); the older ox had its yoke and the younger had its yoke.
Bringing Heaven to Earth: Applying Spiritual Principles Consistently Over Time
I am often asked to explain what I mean by becoming a spiritual scientist - in other words, what's the science part? Because these terms are being bantered about quite liberally these days, I welcome the opportunity to clarify what for me is a simple and profound process.Becoming a spiritual scientist is a means to an end.
The Wisdom of the River: Lessons Learned
Over the past few years I have watched the popularity of whitewater rafting grip the vacation market. "Strange", I thought.
Time for Healing
We have to go through some unfortunate experiences sometimes in our life. When you speak with other people you will always find out how easy your experience is in comparison to what they have suffered.
Choosing Our Parents
There's a Native American belief that before we are born, we choose our parents. It actually ties in pretty nicely with the reincarnation idea that we prearrange certain circumstances before each life so as to learn different lessons.
How To Make Your Dreams Come True
You will become as great as your dominant aspiration..
Holy and Unholy Numbers
Many of our great religions hold that numbers contain hidden meanings that in turn hold the mysteries of the universe and God within them. Ancient Hebrew mystics referred to this as Gematria.
The Purpose of Life, Told by an Agnostic
Talked to an interesting person today at a coffee shop, after about 10 minutes or so told me he was an atheist. Which is interesting and lends it self as to why we were having this particular conversation about "THE MEANING OF LIFE".
Life After Life - Death Is Merely a Changing Room
Since I awoke from my three month coma in August of 2004, I have been asked many times about what I remembered and experienced. After looking over my notes and speaking with my wife and some of the medical professionals involved, I decided that it might be a good idea to write a short overview of these experiences.
|home | site map|